Re: [Phys-l] lab safety rules +- time on task +- symbolism

On 2011, Sep 13, , at 09:03, Edmiston, Mike wrote:

Yes, tenure helps protect you from getting fired if you rock the boat. But tenure does not mean the administrator you ticked off has to give you a merit pay raise. That's the point being discussed here. Rocking the boat is a pretty sure way of not getting pay raises if said raises are determined by an administrator who makes these decisions on the basis of your loyalty to him or her.

Yes; I thought about that too late.

However, one may, rock the boat violently, by, for example, broadcasting descriptions of the evil behaviour of the administrator. No?

bc

p.s. When negotiation bogged down, UPTE successfully ("Really"!) lobbied our state legislature to hold up funding of the University. You won't believe how quickly we got a contract! (I don't remember if they actually did or told the U funding would be held up.)

bc thinks this is so different from Wisconsin