Re: [Phys-l] lab safety rules +- time on task +- symbolism

On 2011, Sep 12, , at 23:36, Hugh Haskell wrote:

not trying to figure out new
ways to teach that might not be popular with the upper echelons, not
rocking the boat, and more of that sort.

This I thought was the primary reason for tenure.

BTW, Garrett Hardin told me that tenure protected UC profs from removal because of immorality, but not gross and continuing. (!960's)

bc