Re: [Phys-l] Mme. Curie, mentor.

On 2011, May 16, , at 09:55, brian whatcott wrote:

cut

It turns out that there are quite a few people who are highly
functional, highly effective, and who haveamild autismwhich(I
amsurprisedto hear) cangive one the difficulty of separating the inner
from the outerconsciousness,so that one maysuppose that what is known,
even obvious from long familiarityto oneself,would probably be as
familiar to a group at large.

A person in this position would always be wary of insulting
others'capability by going into any great detail at all of the topic of
interest.Or not, as the case may be.

When I read physics texts whose equations are not explicitly described
bythe names of the variables employed, I lean towards similar speculations.

Brian Whatcott

Exactly, I too often (this case is not a good example), evidently, err on the side of assuming my readers know more than I do.

However, in this case more than one person has complained without, evidently, attempting to open the page through the supplied link. If it fails, then complain, not otherwise.
Curiously, I later discovered the original link did not fail at all of the cross posted lists.
Perhaps some mail apps. fail to clearly indicate a link is a link.