Re: [Phys-l] Mme. Curie, mentor.

It's too easy topigeon-holethisasa characteristic of a person who writesintelegraphese,And itwould bedemeaningto dismiss it as the emission of a superannuated contributor.

It turns out that there are quite a few people who are highly functional, highly effective, and who haveamild autismwhich(I amsurprisedto hear) cangive one the difficulty of separating the inner from the outerconsciousness,so that one maysuppose that what is known, even obvious from long familiarityto oneself,would probably be as familiar to a group at large.

A person in this position would always be wary of insulting others'capability by going into any great detail at all of the topic of interest.Or not, as the case may be.

When I read physics texts whose equations are not explicitly described bythe names of the variables employed, I lean towards similar speculations.

Brian Whatcott