Re: [Phys-l] Mme. Curie, mentor.

This may not be 'just' a modern thing.

I had a full page (from LIFE magazine) portrait of Einstein - framed, under glass - in my freshman dorm room back in the sixties.

A classmate was looking confusedly at it until I said it was my Uncle Al.
Really don't think he ever got the Einstein connection.
Others in the room looked upon him with pity.
(Think he was a PoliSci major)
.