Re: [Phys-l] Mme. Curie, mentor.

Then there are the people who don't recognize a picture of Albert Einstein.
I wore a T shirt with his picture and claimed he was my brother. I had
someone believe me! I suppose they think Einstein is just a brand of
bagels.

I think our society currently is doing a very poor job of passing on its
history and foundations to the next generation. Perhaps knowledge of
history is even lower than knowledge of science. Now if you want an obscure
name to the current generation try Jimmy Shand. He recorded more music
tracks than the Beatles, Beatles who?

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

It's worse than you imagine. Many of us have no idea who
King Crismon is.