Re: [Phys-l] techshop opportunity

I'm thinking Stern-Gerlach here?

bc

On 2011, Jan 03, , at 13:37, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

An example of the sort of project I might consider is: design an
electromagnet for a specific field pattern, build it, and then
evaluate the "success" of the resulting field pattern. But for a
project like this, I would like it to roughly approximate a solution
to a known problem; that is, I would want to target a field pattern
that is relevant to a modern engineering/physics issue (not that I
could do it very well as a hobbyist - it's the experience I'm after).