Re: [Phys-l] Hybrid mileage

My commute is also about half a mile, but I walk to work (unless I have something heavy to carry).

Daniel Crowe
Loudoun County Public Schools
Academy of Science
dan.crowe@loudoun.k12.va.us

"Rauber, Joel" <Joel.Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU> 1/6/2010 8:13 AM >>>
My prius mileage is not close to advertised and drops substantially in the winter. I think it is mostly due to what Rick mentions below. I only have less than a half mile commute to work; so a lot of my miles are never out of the initial engine warming up stages at high revs.