Re: [Phys-l] OT: Reflecting on Ethics (was A geek's ... "Avatar")

The ethical issue to which I allude, perhaps not very clearly, is that
if I lay out my prize possessions,
on a table within my property line, adjacent to a busy street, and pay
no attention to keeping them secure, then I certainly should not be
surprised, nor feel injured, if some young person finds them
irresistible. In colluding to make a stranger's theft easier or less
risky, then certainly the thief is at fault: but I share blame in
aiding
the commission of this theft. This is not a difficult or unusual
ethical
position. Perhaps the Rice philosopher, who sometimes joins these
discussions could offer
some correction if I err?

Does the same logic apply to the wearing of provocative clothing and sexual crimes?