Re: [Phys-l] A geek's observations on "Avatar"

Not to blur an ethical issue, but Joel illustrated here a business decision of the kind also made by stores who place sale goods on free access to customers, realizing that they invite 2 or 3 percent losses from pilferage, in inviting increased sales and allowing reduced store manning by this means.

If a movie theater experiences 2% box office losses from lack of resource
of this kind, they have the option of lifting seat prices by 3 or 4%
- say from $12 to $12.50 per seat....

Brian W

Rauber, Joel wrote:
Fun movie, but I definitely had the impression that I had seen this western before.

Depending on the theatre it may or may not be stealing the glasses; some theatre's sell the glasses to the audience. I so Beowulf and paid $2.00, for my glasses and saved them.

Joel Rauber, Ph.D