Re: [Phys-l] Textbook selection time again ...& HW Services

Most of my students like to print off their HW and use the printed sheets as scratch paper as they work though the problems...then logging back into the system to submit their answers. So...I'm simply trying to find that flexibility that they have asked for.

Robert.

________________________________

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of Larry Smith
Sent: Thu 4/16/2009 5:39 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Textbook selection time again ...& HW Services

At 4:34 PM -0400 4/16/09, Arts, Robert W. wrote:
Along the same line....

We've used the HW Service at UT Austin (now Quest) for the last 7 years or
so and are considering moving to either Mastering Physics or WebAssign.
Does anyone have experience using both systems that would like to share a
compare and contrast? I know that I'm leaning more towards WebAssign
since Mastering Physics will not allow students to print an entire
assignment at one time...only problem by problem...which I find
inconvenient.

Why would students want to print assignments?

Cheers,
Larry