From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of Rauber, Joel
Sent: Thu 4/16/2009 4:15 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Textbook selection time again ...

We are intending on using the option. However, our information is that $25 only gives one volume (paperback) version of the text. So a typical 2 semester course with print version of the book and webassign will cost students $100

(though they will have the option of sticking with the e-version, at $50)

It still seems like a pretty good deal, particularly since we think Tipler is a reasonable book. So we are adopting it. (This time next year I may be singing a different tune.)

Joel Rauber, Ph.D
Professor and Acting Head of Physics
Department of Physics
South Dakota State University