Re: [Phys-l] roof on a circular "pill-box" arena.

You might enjoy responding to the design issue of showing the
ice/snow loading capacity of a blown diaphragm roof on a circular
"pill-box" arena.
These tension roof skins can be held down by a rim, despite the air
pressure differential applied across them. The side walls pull down
on the rim to keep the roof in place, unless the snow load gets too great!

The Pontiac Silverdome, where the Detroit football team used to play, is about two miles from me.

Many years ago the roof tore, and for a year or so thereafter I called it the SilverBowl.
--

Clarence Bennett
Oakland University