Re: non-rectangular div/grad/curl (was: another math question)

At 12:39 PM 6/11/02, Justin Parke wrote:
I appreciate the comments.
[I will] mention that it is possible to transfer the same ideas
to different coordinate systems, indeed to any generalized
orthogonal coordinate system.

...and here I was cherishing the very speck of a conception that
coordinate systems need not have mutually orthogonal axes,
in the general case, without loss of precision.

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!