Re: [Phys-L] problems with the physics regents

This is STILL very confusing terminology.
I haven't heard the 'North Pointing' label used in several decades.

I decided to hang a bar magnet in the classroom to clear things up.

There are WAY more bar magnets and compass needles in the world than there are worlds - so - the majority wins.
As Paula Abdul tells us - Opposites Attract - so the earth's magnetic pole up where Santa Claus lives must be the South one.

But - so far - there really aren't ANY magnetic (mono) poles anyway. The Right Hand Rule - rules.

.