Re: [Phys-l] About the "why" and "how" questions.

In response to a private email, I want to clarify something. It is my reading of the ice core data that while we are way off the charts in atmospheric CO2, we are not off that sine-shaped curve in terms of temperature. I do realize that when looking at actual temperature readings in the past 100 years, there is a continual rise in temperature (although I have read accounts of the hockey stick graph having an 83 year "adjustment" in it). Also, as I read the ice core data, there have been sharp rises and drops in both temperature in CO2, unless those are part of the noise. If I am wrong that our current temperatures are an anomaly when viewing the long-term sine- shaped trend (500,000 years worth), then I would be happy for someone to correct me on that.

And to repeat, I am not arguing against AGW. It might appear that way because I am questioning how climatologists are communicating things to the public, but that is not the case.

Bill