[Phys-l] About the "why" and "how questins."

What a coincidence! On a website for philosophers someone wrote, today:

" ... Science and religion are two sides of the same coin in regards to truth; science is attempting to answer "how" and religion is attempting to answer "why". Neither has, nor will probably ever, have a complete answer. ... " Repluing to this I wrote:

" Unfortunately, the words "why" and "how" are in our languages. They are used by all people, including deists and scientists. The "why do we have solar eclipses?" is a scientific question, according to most people. The same is true for the "how do we cure malaria?," "how to build an atom bomb,? etc. Deistic questions can also be asked by using the "why" and "how" words. Do we need a language police? "

Ludwik

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html