Re: [Phys-l] About the "why" and "how" questions.

Not only is this a poetic statement, but it is a reference to Einstein who
said he would like to know the mind of God. And even if we find a mechanism
for the creation of the universe, one can always ask where that mechanism
came from. So science can only probe further, but can never come up with an
answer to the ultimate why.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

"However, if we discover a complete theory, it should in time be
understandable by everyone, not just by a few scientists. Then we
shall all, philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people, be able
to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is that we
and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the
ultimate triumph of human reason -- for then we should know the mind
of God."