Re: [Phys-l] PSSC +- (c)

On 05/26/2009 01:41 PM, Paul Lulai wrote:
You might want to check the Archive & arxiv sites. The Frames of Reference video is available there.

<http://www.archive.org/details/frames_of_reference>
<http://www.archive.org/details/magnet_laboratory_1959>

Good catch!

This answers one question for us: It appears that archive.org is a
perfectly reasonable place to host such things. (Thanks, Brewster!)

-- Does anybody know who digitized these two videos? When? How?

-- Does anybody know why they digitized these two, but none of the
other PSSC videos? Is there some ongoing effort we don't yet know
about?

-- I suppose we could ask such questions using the blog/comments
feature of the relevant archive.org pages.

FWIW here is a list of 53 PSSC videos:
http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~lecturedemonstrations/Linked%20files/Media%20library/PSSC%20Guide.pdf

=========

Related status report: I contacted Google Books to see if they would
be interested in scanning and hosting the first edition of PSSC _Physics_.
No reply yet.

I contacted these guys because they are already set up to scan books
on an industrial scale, without cutting the spine off the book. They
already have an entry for this book, but it's just the merest of stubs:
http://books.google.com/books?id=0yFRPAAACAAJ

I clued them in about the expired copyright.