Re: [Phys-l] Re. Simultaneity

I take it that folks who will resort to verse, pantomime, word-play, metaphor,
associations etc., are those who are more interested in helping students
recall difficult concepts with memorable images rather than providing
simply a sober image of academic wisdom.

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
I suggest that you try engaging the students in a 1-on-1 format. Until you find out what goes on in the student's head when you pose the problem, you will have no hope of reaching the student. Remember that the effective part of teaching is not what you say, nor how you say it, but what the student gets. I have reduced ideas to rhymes that the students memorize, but by golly, they come out unsolicited two years later.
Regards,
Jack