Re: [Phys-l] Re. Simultaneity

I suggest that you try engaging the students in a 1-on-1 format. Until you find out what goes on in the student's head when you pose the problem, you will have no hope of reaching the student. Remember that the effective part of teaching is not what you say, nor how you say it, but what the student gets. I have reduced ideas to rhymes that the students memorize, but by golly, they come out unsolicited two years later.
Regards,
Jack