From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:29 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Cc: Nancy Seese
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] index of refraction

The pendulum is very rich -- the title of a paper in AJP**: The
pendulum--Rich physics from a simple system.

** 54 p. 512, ff. (Nelson & Olsson)

bc pendulum person

On 2009, May 13, , at 07:42, John Denker wrote:

I always thought that the main point of "rich context" problems is
that the students are supposed to rack their brains and think of
little
bits of real-world information that they can bring to bear.