[Phys-L] Help!

People!

After much effort, I finally was able to download the data from my MCA using
its RS232.  [Canberra series 35+   Termite is the terminal ]

Unfortunately, it is in a form that my graphing app. can’t use.  So,  I need a
small program that will convert it.  Preferably C++  as it’s what I’m most
familiar with.  It wouldn’t hurt if I must learn Python.

What Kaleidagraph expects is two columns, one that is the channel number and
the other the number of counts.  (in each channel)

An example of the outputted form is here:

http://cleyet.org/35+/

bc  …  too old and with little time to do it on his own.  (and too many marbles
lost  [1])

p.s.  Termite is in a ThinkPad (Lenovo).  I transfer the data to my Mac2 air
(wherein is kaleidagraph) using an external (USB) memory.  My other MCA is a(n)
UCS-30 (Spectrum Techniques;  computer controlled) which “looks” at the data
directly as a graph or CSV, ready for use.

[1] At some point I’ll give an account of its effect.