From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org> On Behalf Of Anthony Lapinski
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 8:36 PM
To: Phys <Phys-L@phys-l.org>
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] no more SAT optional essay and subject tests

No more SATs? I agree! And ACTs, GREs, etc. I'm not sure what these really "test" and why they are still in use...

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:29 PM John Denker via Phys-l < phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

I quote from:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/us/college-board-essay-subject-tests-tr
nd/index.html

The SAT's optional essay and subject tests have been nixed by the
College Board, the latest step away from standardized testing in the
midst of the Covid-19 pandemic.

"As students and colleges adapt to new realities and changes to the
college admissions process, College Board is making sure our
programs adapt with them. We're making some changes to reduce
demands on students," the organization said in a statement.

IMHO they might as take the logical next step: No more SATs.

<http://www.pds.org>
<https://www.facebook.com/princetondayschool>
<https://twitter.com/PDSPanthers>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVE-nTva0BlK0rT6vayqpIQ>
<https://www.instagram.com/princetondayschool/>

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:*
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

Please consider the environment
before printing this email.