[Phys-L] funny closed-captioning

For most of us, going online has become a whole new world for teaching. I've been teaching online for at least one class for the last 8 years. Our tech people have recently switched video hosting to Microsoft Stream (which has been an improvement). The videos now get automatic closed-captioning (a nice feature), however, this can lead to some hilarious results. I am having to go through the transcripts and fix all of the word errors. The nice thing is that fixing the transcript also fixes the CC track.

So, today I was working on my video dealing with Ohm's law and resistance, etc. when I cam across this little gem:

"The resistance is a tenth of a gnome."

Take care,
David Marx
Physics Department