[Phys-L] no more SAT optional essay and subject tests

I quote from:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/us/college-board-essay-subject-tests-trnd/index.html

The SAT's optional essay and subject tests have been nixed by the
College Board, the latest step away from standardized testing in the
midst of the Covid-19 pandemic.

"As students and colleges adapt to new realities and changes to the
college admissions process, College Board is making sure our programs
adapt with them. We're making some changes to reduce demands on
students," the organization said in a statement.

IMHO they might as take the logical next step: No more SATs.