[Phys-L] Graphite resistivity

Hello.
I am getting ready to do a resistivity lab that I've done for a decade but
I ran into a problem. The art pencils that I've been using are gone. They
apparently vaporized along with my packet of materials from an old aapt
workshop a decade or more ago.
I remember that art pencils were better because...
I don't remember...
I am tempted to pick up softer leaded pencils so the lead would get into
the cracks of the paper.
Does anyone have a quick recommendation?
Thanks for your help.
Paul.