Re: [Phys-L] [BULK] Graphite resistivity

At the NJ Science Convention years ago, I learned about a similar activity
using Play-Doh. You can roll it into a cylinder and measure length and
thickness. Hook it to a viariac, set the voltage, measure current, find
resistance. (You could also determine resistivity.). Then, roll it into a
longer cylinder and repeat. I have not tried it, but it's low tech and fun!

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:
Hello.
I am getting ready to do a resistivity lab that I've done for a decade but
I ran into a problem. The art pencils that I've been using are gone. They
apparently vaporized along with my packet of materials from an old aapt
workshop a decade or more ago.
I remember that art pencils were better because...
I don't remember...
I am tempted to pick up softer leaded pencils so the lead would get into
the cracks of the paper.
Does anyone have a quick recommendation?
Thanks for your help.
Paul.