Re: [Phys-L] Legitimate Phys-L topics.

"The math... the math... the math..." Oh... My...God......Yes. A resounding YES! That's all I hear, every day. "I HATE MATH. I CAN'T DO MATH."

It has to go back to several factors... the lack of certified math teachers in elementary school + parents who transmit that attitude to their children + the general anti-academic attitude in this country in general + (and this is very controversial...) the way math is taught nowadays to prepare for high stakes testing turns them off from an early age. (Yes, I know I will raise a few 'hackles' with that statement and the previous one)

What say you all?