Re: [Phys-L] A JD example: Re: [SCAAPT] Physics Colloquium: 11:15AM, Oct. 20, 2014 in PH2-110

On 2014, Oct 16, , at 15:12, Marc Zeke Kossover <zeke_kossover@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hmm.... This is hardly physics, so I should suppose that I should let this go, but a search from the CDC has this data for 2011.

From http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/index.html

In 2011, there were about 49,000 new diagnoses of HIV. Of those, about two-thirds were from male-to-male sexual contact. About a quarter, though, were from heterosexual contact.

Zeke

this does puzzle (me).

My point was the bio-statistics A mathsbio. presentation at a physics colloq. a là JD's plea.

bc remembers a prominent homophobe who changed course when he became infected by a transfusion. And a report that the population first infected became the majority continuing infected. Another trivium: HIV first jumped the species barrier in Africa in the 1920’s.