Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

On 7/9/2012 8:39 PM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:
Again, I'll say what I said to Marty - Do you guys make this up as you go along?

What evidence do you have that anyone "gamed" the lottery? That is quite a charge to make without some kind of evidence - even anecdotal.

Oh, don't worry. They will provide some anecdotes. Some of them may even be true. But that's not the point.

For every anecdote of misbehavior of a private or charter school one can easily provide a dozen anecdotes of misbehavior in public schools. After all, it is not as if the rates of malfeasance are lower in regular public schools. What one cannot easily provide is a case when a regular public school was ever closed because of educational malpractice or management malfeasance, while many charter schools have been closed.

The difference is that some have a vision of building a public school system while others have a vision of educating children. Different visions. Different yardsticks.

Ze'ev