Re: [Phys-l] slow news day?

On 6/27/2011 9:51 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I've added 3% error bars to the graph (ordinate only, not putted).
I don't have enuff info. to other than use 3%, which is obviously wrong?
bc has requested of Vernier to add a Chi-Square provision to its fitting sub-app.
p.s. Chi-Square goodness of fit requires at least one point beyond the # of degrees of freedom, so more data please.

Here's a couple of data pairs from Piper Pilot Operating Handbooks - which are somewhat
optimistic, in some peoples' view:

"Cherokee 140"
PA28-40 at gross 2150 lb 75% power, msl standard day
8.4 gph at 125mph

"Cherokee 180 E model"
PA28-8 at gross 2400 lb 75% power, msl std day
9.8 gph at 133 mph

Regards