Re: [Phys-l] slow news day?

On 6/27/2011 1:53 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:
On 2011, Jun 26, , at 11:47, brian whatcott wrote:

I enjoy the ease with which you seem to be producing results from data
with your new app.
Rather old app.

Among the earlier that directly graphed data collection.

http://www.vernier.com/about/?page=3

And the ease is the point for High Schools, ... and coffee table physicists.

Consumption of aero engines is usually given in gals/hour or lbs/hour.
But the idea that I gain gasoline if I only travel slow enough
Whadaya expect w/ two (three) data points :-)

is so
attractive, I suspect the model's fit in practice! :-)

Brian W
______

Note the revised graph w/ a linear fit. Ever more gas. on the ground. Well, can the two infinitives be compared?

http://www.cleyet.org/Someone_is_Wrong/Not,%20but%20an%20easy%20link./light%20plane%20mileage.tiff

bc wants more data and avoiding labview.

p.s. Vernier supplies their source code and LabView instruction:

http://engineering.vernier.com/general/projects/
Bernard, you are being obtuse.
If I ask you how much gas my airplane consumes, when parked on the ground, neglecting evaporation and thermal expansivity,
can you tell me the answer, to six decimal places?

If I share with you that the two fuel gauges on this aicraft each have scale lengths of 2 inches or so, and can be assumed
to be carefully calibrated near the empty mark, so that they are accurate to +_ 3%, like most other analog pointer moving scale meters are nearer full scale, could you reflect his experimental proviso into your graphs?

Brian W