Re: [Phys-l] inversion goggles

On 2011, May 15, , at 07:53, brian whatcott wrote:

On 5/13/2011 2:22 PM, Bill Nettles wrote:
I suspect that in addition to the brain making a correlation between vision and the motion of fingers and toes, there is a correlation between sight and inner ear semi-circular canal signals and with audio. Makes me wonder whether rotating mobiles above the crib of a newborn are actually bad for optical development. Sitting the baby upright and playing with their fingers and toes and letting them see your face as you make sounds might aid development.

I have never thought about the "bits" being mapped out of order. Interesting.

Intriguing suggestion. The generally accepted proposition is that an
enriched
sensory environment in the earliest years promoted intellectual development.

Brian W

Arrested development occurs when babies are not permitted to crawl.

bc didn't find an academic site relating to the above.

http://www.internationalparentingassociation.org/BrainDevelopment/mobility1.html