[Phys-l] Online Textbooks

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM,
<phys-l-request@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu> wrote:

1. Electronic Textbooks & MasteringPhysics (Folkerts, Timothy J)

I have collected several online textbooks to 'give' to my students
over the years, but they are all free. Some are better for high
school students, some better for college, some better for teachers.

I haven't used any of them as a primary text, but then I have
plentiful decent textbooks

Motion Mountain: http://www.motionmountain.net/
Light and Matter: http://www.lightandmatter.com/
Discover Physics: http://www.lightandmatter.com/area1dp.html
Newtonian Physics: http://www.lightandmatter.com/area1book1.html
Physics Hypertextbook: http://physics.info/
Spiral Physics: http://web.monroecc.edu/spiral/
Stargazers to Starships: http://www.phy6.org/stargaze/Sintro.htm

Until I switched to Modeling Physics as my primary mode of
instruction, I was thinking about using Webassign (webassign.net) for
online homework. I'd still love to do online homework, but I'm
focusing on other facets of my courses for now...maybe when my free
time increases I'll entertain the idea again.

Jim

--
James K. Deane