Re: [Phys-l] How did Bill Gates get to decide what's good for our children?

On 2011, May 06, , at 01:19, Wilson, Hentie wrote:

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Well, this interesting discussion partners should consider a respectful reminder that if something seems broken anybody can suggest a solution.

This is possibly an unwarranted assumption. I certainly agree the US is broken**, but the ed. system? Perhaps not.

I think the problem is some liberals think everyone should go to college, of course that will fail. Previously ed. was streamed with the non-college bound receiving practical training. Now those who should receive that education fail and the others succeed and their number is likely no less than in the past.

Should American educators not consider the results of their education, hand in bosom, and ask why do others want to "fix" it? Part of the problem is apathy not to be involved creatively and with passion; part of the problem is sometimes that you are so close that you cannot see the possible solutions even if you tried.

No, I think the kleptocrats are succeeding in their wish to make the US (and the world) more friendly to them. That means changing the ed. system from critical thinking to one that "... is a wise and liberal form of police by which property and life and peace of society are secured." [D. webster]

From Over the water, in an African space with many problems and much apathy.
Hentie

** It's just fine for the wealthy.

bc