Re: [Phys-l] Nuclear Power

On 2011, May 02, , at 13:01, John Denker wrote:

Good thing we don't get tsunamis in the Tenn. Valley ;-)

It's also a good thing we don't get huge floods in the Ohio /
Mississippi river valley, the sort of floods that might cut off
power and transportation for more than a week ... or inundate
the basement of a reactor building and take out all the switchgear
that controls the primary /and/ backup cooling.......

Oh, wait, nevermind. Oops

Where in the US is one free from:

Earthquakes
Flood
Very severe snow
Tsunamis
extreme "heat wave"

Any of the above, I suspect may result in a nuclear crisis.

bc