Re: [Phys-l] Writing a review or lab report

Yes. Write to be read. Use active voice to keep it interesting. Use first person singular (plural if more than one author) when describing what you did. If the referee doesn't like your form, change it to please and get published. The reader is never wrong, and may be presumed to be telling you what is needed so that communication is accomplished.
Regards,
Jack