Re: [Phys-l] Earth's axis shift--measured how?

On 2011, Mar 13, , at 21:13, Craft, Peter wrote:

Hi Bernard,

sorry, I was just trying to be brief in my post. I wasn't saying anything about JD's post frok earlier in this thread. There was a question raised about how axial tilt is measured by someone else - I am afraid I deleted that email and cant remember who sent it. As I had seen this article about axial tilt in the Sci Am just recently, and it mentions a change in axial tilt because of earthquake activity, I thought it was interesting and worth sharing.

The reference to JD was to acknowledge that I have no first hand knowledge of how accurate or otherwise the statements in the Sci Am article are. There is no mention of which scientists from NASA made the measurement or how they did it. John has often said it is dangerous to accept information just because it appears in a text book or on the internet. It was in defference to his valid posts on people's readiness to just accept things because they appear in print that I mentioned him at all.

Regards

Peter Craft

I see, as he slipped and fell.

Thanks -- it usta bee that Sci. Am. was rather accurate. i.e. many articles by N. Laureates on their specialty -- I dropped it when it was "bought out".

bc