From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of carmelo@pacific.net.sg [carmelo@pacific.net.sg]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 8:31 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Earth's axis shift--measured how?

Next Saturday, March 19, the moon will be closer to Earth at 356,
6,000 miles, some media explained the passage of the moon perigee
point may cause the earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity and other
disasters.

Perhaps, someone can make some predictions here. :)

Best regards,
Alphonsus

Quoting "LaMontagne, Bob" <RLAMONT@providence.edu>:

There is a bizarre insanity here. We have seen perhaps 10s of
thousands die before our eyes in a Tsunami, and the press is howling
about a few score of people who MIGHT be affected by a quickly
contained radiation leak.

Bob at PC