Re: [Phys-l] About the "why" and "how" questions.

Okay, I mistakenly assumed you were referring to Hawking's most recent book, which has caused quite a stir in some quarters. Nevertheless count me as more than a little surprised that anyone, and *especially* a non-religious person, could seriously take exception to Hawking's obviously poetic construction here.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona