Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

Out here part of being green (yes!) is using a stove that, by being properly insulated, vented, etc. "combusts" more completely. The flu pipes insulated above a radiating section also serves, I suppose, to prevent deposition. Of course some communities fine those caught burning wood, e.g. The Peoples' Republic of Berkeley. I wonder what its namesake, the Bishop, would think of that republic.

bc just acquired a cord in exchange for dinner from our building contractor.

BTW, a peaker plant in South County burns wood and saw dust etc. Some controversy over its pollution -- may not be in operation now, as not been in the news lately.

And here's a site announcing three wood plants ordered.

http://www.epsa.org/industry/data/?fa=fuel

And the Calif. Air Resources Board info. on wood.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/cap/handbooks/wood_burning_handbook.pdf