[Phys-l] CAD style class for high school science

Greetings everyone. For the past several years, I've been getting training and certification in using a 3D CAD program. I've introduced it to my more advanced level high school physics students and they have really taken a liking to it. In such a short period of time, it's amazing how quickly they progress. They've learned how to use the program to design a bridge (then they build and test them), CO2 racecars, gears, escapements, etc and some we've virtually animated them.

I'm interested in teaching it at my high school (I'm now listed as being "Highly Qualified" for teaching it)? I was wondering if anyone uses such a program at their high school? If so, what type of class is listed as (science, art, elective, etc.)? Does anyone know of someone/somewhere where they teach such a course as a science requirement in the state of Ohio?

Thanks,
Dwight