Re: [Phys-l] dealing with the media +- evolution

At 12:46 -0500 4/6/08, cliff parker wrote:

Where is the conjecture? They have plenty of oil. Why use nuclear power?
Your interesting post which I appreciate reading seems to make my point
(Pu-??? = nuclear weapons) and then calls it conjecture.

Just because a nation is using nuclear power doesn't mean that they
are planning on using the resulting plutonium to build nuclear
weapons.

Just because I walk into my classroom at school and inhale doesn't mean there will be any oxygen in that breath. Maybe all of the oxygen will have randomly moved to the top of the room. Again within your last post you sighted several reasons why (Pu-??? = nuclear weapons) is really not conjecture as it applies to Iran. It's like arguing about what the meaning of is, is. The larger point is why hasn't the media told us the facts. They pretend that your statement above - "Just because a nation is using nuclear power doesn't mean that they are planning on using the resulting plutonium to build nuclear weapons." should really be taken seriously when considering Iran. You don't even believe that. Shouldn't they be making at least a bit of an effort to educate the people about the fact that Uranium is really, really hard to process where as Pu is not. And it is obvious to anyone who knows that, that the reason for nuclear power production in Iran has nothing to do with electricity?

Cliff