Re: [Phys-l] Hubble Law

----- Original Message ----- From: "Calvin Kalman" <Calvin.Kalman@CONCORDIA.CA>

>I've read John's stuff--I'm sure that's my source of immediate >recollection
of the below. My question is why? Why does the space between galaxy's,
between stars, expand but not the space between molecules, between atoms,
between nucleons?

Rick

The energy provided through an effective cosmological constant is
released in a phase change to energy bound up in the space time
structure.
--

I'll have to admit that the above doesn't help much. Is that just me? Or is there an implied 'smiley' in the above??

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College