Re: Five-planet Photo

(I) I am trying to do basic things first, and more judgmental things last.
It is not uncommon for me to change my mind about cropping and color
balance. If I do those edits too early and then do level adjusting,
sharpening, and corrections, then change my mind about the cropping, then I
have to do all the other editing all over again. Hence, those things you
are least likely to change are the things you should do first.

the UE (unlimited ed.) version of Photoshop (I have 5.5) retains a copy
of each step during the editing in memory and is readily available using
the history window 'till one closes that window, i.e. one (w/ sufficient
memory) may work on several photos in memory without losing any step.
Just before closing one may then save any step.

bc who finally (too late for five) photo'd three planets the old
fashioned way

Michael Edmiston wrote:

I've learned a few things since getting the messages from Michael Bowen and
Michael Porter about how digital cameras may save exposure information in
the JPG file.

As Michael Bowen points out, my digital camera, like most these days, does
store exposure information with the JPG image. When a camera does this, the

cut