Re: felt dismissed

If we keep a sense of humor, we MIGHT be able to even read (without
gagging?) the occasional stuff that blames all college/university
students misconceptions or lack of reasoning skills on their poor
secondary education.

Chuck Britton

Oh my, Chuck. The poor understanding of students comes from their entire
previous experience -- including poorly prepared teachers in grammar
school, cartoon physics, Bill Nye the Science Guy _and_ poorly prepared
middle school and high school teachers --- after all many college students
had football coaches as substitute science teachers.

But the biggest difficulty is that we -- all of us -- are dragging along
the teachings of Aristotle et al and refuse to learn that we haven't quite
got it right even yet.

So our students struggle.
Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com