felt dismissed

Fran, this isn't the PhyShare list. Never has been. Never will be.

While those of us who teach in the secondary schools will always be
WELCOME here, it is US who will have to accept the 'dismissive'
attitude that will show up on occasion.

My advice is to thicken up your skin a bit and try to sort the good
stuff from the pedantry.

If we keep a sense of humor, we MIGHT be able to even read (without
gagging?) the occasional stuff that blames all college/university
students misconceptions or lack of reasoning skills on their poor
secondary education.

--