Goal Oriented Physics Activities

At the end of the year I wanted to do a set of small, IN CLASS, contests.
Some contests that I've done in the past I have incorporated as labs. For
example, my projectile motion labs have students shoot a ball out of a
spring launcher at a given angle off a table and have them place a cup on
the floor where they think the ball will land. For an energy lab, I have the
students bungie jump a weighted plastic egg from the ceiling while trying to
adjust the cords length to get as close to the floor as possible. These goal
oriented labs count less than "regular" labs because the required write is
not as rigorous. The kids are very enthusiastic about these goal oriented
labs.

Please share any ideas for other goal oriented labs or contests for physics
students with the list [and me ;-)]

If anyone is interested in my Bungie jump lab, e-mail and I'll reply with an
e-mail attachment containing a pdf file of my lab. You will need Acrobat
Reader 4.0 to read the file.
-tony