Re: Advice on teacher education?

IMO, yes but do you have the time? One of the biggest problems in US
science education is that it is "a mile wide and an inch deep". How can
the teacher go "deeper" if they don't have a "deeper" background?

If I look around at my own school district, I clearly see that most of the
teachers are not well prepared in their subject. The answer is the model
used at the likes of Stanford: First get a bachelors in a subject ie learn
something to teach -- and THEN we will show you HOW to teach and give you
a masters.

There is no question in my mind that HS teachers need a minimum of a
masters --- AND that they should be paid more as a result.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen